Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Home sweet home.

One of my long time favorite activities is to drive around and look at houses. I am continually amazed at the creativeness of designers and their ability to continually come up with new ideas. I have tried designing houses with computer software and let me tell you it is no easy task to come up with an idea that has not been seen before. I am including in this blog pictures of some houses that I found while extensive searching the globe via the internet.

My favorite at the moment is when wood and stone are used together. None of these pictures truly capture what I imagine but I will continue looking. These images caught my attention during my travels. I especially like the log homes towards the end of the page.

I hope you enjoy.



Sort of a simple design but I do like the abundance of stone and the wood railing.




Tella Tubbies







This is my favorite home on the entire page. I love how the house looks as if it is a natural part of its surroundings. How awesome is the fireplace on the front porch? I hope there is a fireplace inside too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Santa Rosa, CA, United States
Currently trying to get better.