Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today was a good day!

Hi all! It has been a short week with many miles packed into it. Today I took a lonely 8.5 mile journey around the Tiburon Peninsula and loved every muscle aching and muscle cramping minute of it. With two days rest under my belt I was able to navigate around this secluded route in about 75-80 minutes. The road is narrow, and a few times I found myself jumping into the bushes to avoid being hit by that fast moving 911 with the cigar smoking driver. Some friendly bicyclists cheered me on as they cut up the mountain in there slick, tight fitting spandex. (The unofficial uniform of Marin County) Most of the time though no one says much to me as I run along my chosen paths. I guess there must be something unwelcoming about the solo runner sucking down huge amounts of lung filling air. I try, believe me,  to say hello, or at least give a friendly wave to those I see out pursuing their chosen activities but never get much of a response. Perhaps we are all just a bit too focused on the task at hand to realize, and or care about the guy running past us the other direction. Oh well! I'll keep on smiling and keep on waiving no matter what. Well, unless that Porsche circles back and takes me out! The last time I ran this route I was lucky enough to have a terrific running partner by my side who provided great conversation and proved to be a great person to share this breath taking run with. However, this time around life seems to have wanted me to experience it alone. Perhaps I am supposed to see that life will present itself in beautiful ways no matter its recent ups and downs. So I ran alone, and enjoyed the peacefulness of the moment. I took in the beautiful scenery and the fresh air and decided that today was a good day.
Well, until next time, keep running. 
                          Joey 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Santa Rosa, CA, United States
Currently trying to get better.