Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Um....

Finally made it back out for a run this morning. I thoroughly enjoy the pre dawn run although I am not too fond of tripping over the hidden obstacles that lurk in the dark. Tomorrow I think I will head out at 6:45 so that i can have a bit more light. No need to injure myself before I get back on track with the running. Day one is done. I am looking forward to day two although I am weary because I know how weak willed I can be. This is why the Earthbound Running idea is so great. By having a running partner and or group to run with one creates an obligation that helps motivate ones self to get off ones can. That is a lot of ones! At least thats how it works in theory. I suppose for the EarthboundRunning group to really work there needs to be the group aspect. So far I am a group of one. I know there are some other runners out there I just need to convince them that running together is in their best interest.

I've decided that I should purchase a new pair of kicks for my feet. Running kicks that is. Who knows how many miles the old pair has on them. So far my favorite have been the Mizuno Brand. They are roomy, provide stability and can handle the downward force of us bigger runners. It will be interesting to see what shoe the shoe professionals suggest I use for the style of foot movement I have. Hopefully it will match their last diagnosis. Ultimately it comes down to what feels best on my foot but if your going to try and run some serious miles it is worth investing in a pair of shoes that works with the style of pronation or lack of pronation that you have.

Until next time, thanks for reading along. Wish me luck with tomorrows running adventure.

Joey Brisson

EarthboundRunning (Join it!)

1 comment:

  1. i like this! when you get your new kicks you should post a picture of them so that we can all see. i hope you find some running friends soon!! but proud of you for going it alone when you have to.

    ReplyDelete

My photo
Santa Rosa, CA, United States
Currently trying to get better.