Friday, December 18, 2009

Welcome to LA

I made it! Hello LA, it has been a long time. A year to be exact. It's nice to see you haven't changed much. Smoggy air, tons of traffic and lots of freeway time. However, so I am not totally an LA grinch I will mention the few things that I do enjoy down here. Your bright night time lights and fancy cars. Warm air and proximity to the ocean and the mountains. And so many of the family members reside in your periphery. So, away with the LA frown and hello to the LA smile.
This time down I took 101 all the way. Santa Rosa to LA via 101. It takes way longer than the 5 but totally worth it. I spent about 8 hours making the trip whereas if I had taken 5 I may have made it in 6 or so. Anyways, the scenery was terrific and there was always something to look at along the way.
WARNING!!!! Driving while looking at the surrounding scenery can be hazardous to your health.


Not pictures that I took! Photos from Google Earth of course.


Cool looking bridge between the ocean and 101. Can't forget about the bridges right! Pictures form GE too.




Seems to be plenty of bridges out there to discover.
SO, thanks for thumbing through the blog again.

2 comments:

  1. i like your LA smile! and i cannot wait to see your santa rosa smile. glad you had a good trip.

    ...and you know i'm diggin' the bridge discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...i'm leaving this comment in hopes that mr. earthbound will soon come back to me! i'll probably just wind up telling you that i left you a comment, to ensure that you will read it. :)

    just an fyi: the post with the swing and lyrics about a blanket that you mentioned yesterday- it's about enjoying life (and doing so with someone special). you could've commented :)

    ReplyDelete

My photo
Santa Rosa, CA, United States
Currently trying to get better.